OUR FATHER'S PERSISTENT LOVE MINISTRIES, INC.
Our Statement of Faith
1) We believe that the 66 books of the Bible are the only complete, infallible, inerrant Word of the living God.
2) We believe in one God Almighty creator of heaven and earth who has manifest Himself to us in three persons; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. They are distinct in person yet completely equal in the Godhead. As one God they are omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent.
3) We believe that Jesus is the Christ who is fully God and a perfect man. That He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, suffered the punishment of our sins substitutionally on the cross, rose victoriously over death on the third day, and is now sitting at God's right hand still fully God and fully man interceding for His body who is the Church.
4) We believe in Jesus' Second Coming according to the scriptures to gather His elect unto Himself and to judge the world.
5) We believe that all of mankind is under condemnation because of the fall of Adam, dead in trespass and sin, separated from God, and in need of salvation, which alone is found in Christ Jesus. Apart from God's mercy and grace in drawing us unto Himself we can do nothing. God is preeminent in all things. We are saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus' finished work on the cross completely apart from works of any kind.
6) We believe that all God's holy and righteous requirements of man were completely met by Jesus on the cross. That because of His death, the blood of the cross, God has forgiven our sins, declared us righteous in Christ, and reconciled us unto Himself having adopted us as Sons according to His good pleasure.
7) We believe that a man "must be born again" according to the scriptures, that God commands us to daily walk filled with His Spirit and that the church is charged with preaching the Gospel to the whole world.
8) We believe that as God's people we are called to walk in holiness and righteous all the days of our lives in full obedience to the light of God's Word by the leading of His Spirit.
9) We believe in eternal life for God's elect, those who believe on Christ Jesus and that they will be with God forever in His kingdom. Also, that unbelievers will suffer a literal bodily eternal damnation in hell with no reprieve.